Fumito Ueda and Kenji Kaido Interview (Wanda and Colossus / Ico 2 / Shadow of the Colossus)
An interview with Product Manager Fumito Ueda and Producer Kenji Kaido of Team Ico about the game known at the time as "Wanda and Colossus" from initial Japanese translation, or "Ico 2" since the team had released Ico in 2001.
The game was later released as "Wander and the colossus" in Japan and "Shadow of the Colossus" elsewhere.
Thanks to Kikizo for the source, the original page on this interview is located here: http://games.kikizo.com/features/ico2_videointerview.asp
From their information, you'll expect to learn about these things in the interview:
- The team working behind Wanda and Colossus
- Sales of Ico and sales hopes for W&C
- Why did Ico have difficulty selling?
- What makes the relationships in these games so important?
- What is the nature of the relationship in W&C?
- Organic collision deformation - what is it?
- How exactly organic collision deformation enhances gameplay
- More about the giant monsters and their behaviour
- How does a large dev team focus on quite personal ideas?
- Who does most of the emotion come from?
- And is it possible to take emotions any further in games?